I.How Weight Loss Works
Almost all foods have calories. Each calorie you consume, your body uses it as fuel. The remaining calories your body does not use are stored as fat.
A pound of fat is approximately 3,500 calories.
Your body is a metabolic entity that has a basic need to operate: The Basal Metabolic Rate. It's the number of calories your body uses for basic functions such as breathing, thinking and keeping your body at the appropriate temperature. It is simply the calories your body burns and needs even if you "binge-watch" your favorite TV Show all day long. .
When you 're in a calorie deficit, your body turns to your fat stores and burns away these undesirable pounds.
To lose one pound of fat, a caloric deficit of 3,500 calories has to be created. You need a daily deficit of about 500 calories to lose one pound a week.
- Eat less calories than needed on a daily basis. If you eat 500 fewer calories than needed, you're going to lose weight.
- Add exercises and burn more calories than you eat.
- You would lose about one pound a week if you only cut 200 calories a day from your diet and burned 300 extra calories a day.
Combining diet and exercise will easily help to lose weight because it only requires small adaptations to your daily routine.
1) Eliminate Calories
1 Can of Soda = 140 Calories
1 TBSP of Plant-Based Butter = 102 Calories
2) Add Physical Activity
20 Minutes of Circuit Training = 113 Calories
30 Minutes of Walking = 179 Calories
Total Deficit: 525 Calories
Calculate your BMR
Keep in mind that this formula isn't foolproof—there are a lot of complicated factors that determine your BMR and how you lose weight. Understanding how calorie deficit works is just the first step to finding and sticking to a weight loss program that works for you.
Another helpful way to succeed in weight loss is Intermittent Fasting:
II. Losing Weight On A Vegan Diet
As mentioned above, losing weight is a good combination of healthy foods and healthy habits. This means going vegan will not automatically make you lose weight.
We've gathered 5 tips that will help you with achieving your weight loss.
Read more: Is A Vegan Diet Healthy?
- Avoid Meat and Dairy Substitutes because they tend to have too much fat and sodium.
- If you eat the right ones, whole grains are good for weight loss. They have the vitamins and other nutrients your body needs.
- Drink an appropriate amount of water to keep your body hydrated and help it processing the foods with higher levels of fiber.
- The word vegan doesn’t necessarily mean a healthy meal since it can have high sugar content: "protein vegan bars" for instance.
- Nuts are good if consumed in moderation.
Then yes, you can be Vegan and lose weight, but it requires changing your eating habits.
We hope you enjoyed this article. :)
Click Here to discover our collection